This page describes what’s new on the Dart website and blog. To see what’s new in Flutter, visit the Flutter what’s new page.
To stay on top of Dart announcements, including breaking changes, join the Dart announcements Google group.
October 1, 2020: 2.10 release
This section lists notable changes made from July 1 through October 1, 2020.
Dart 2.10 went live October 1! For details, see Announcing Dart 2.10.
Docs updated or added to dart.dev
In addition to bug fixes and small improvements, we made the following changes to this site:
- Added a
darttool page to document the new command-line interface to the Dart SDK. The new
darttool is analogous to the
fluttertool in the Flutter SDK. Previously, the
dartcommand only ran command-line apps. We updated the previous
dartpage accordingly and plan to update references to other tools over time.
- Updated the package changelog documentation
to recommend a standard format for
CHANGELOG.mdfiles. This new format lets tools (such as the relaunched pub.dev) parse changelogs.
- Changed an Effective Dart guideline to favor
dynamic. For details, see the revised guideline AVOID using
dynamicunless you want to disable static checking.
- Updated the diagnostic messages page to include more messages produced by the Dart analyzer.
- Updated the language evolution page to include 2.9 and 2.10.
- Reorganized the language specification page to make it easier to find the PDF version of the latest, in-progress specification.
- Added or updated docs related to sound null safety, a feature that’s coming to the Dart language:
Articles added to the Dart blog
We published the following articles on the Dart blog:
- Exploring collections in Dart helps you use collections (lists, maps, sets, and more), with specal attention to 2.3 language features like collection if, collection for, and spreads.
- Google Summer of Code 2020 results describes the results of five projects that the Dart team mentored.
- Introducing a brand new pub.dev announces the relaunch of the pub.dev site, with new package scoring metrics, improved search, and a redesigned UI.
We also improved the blog navigation, adding announcement and archive tabs, plus a link to dart.dev.