Command-line and server apps
This page points to tools and documentation that can help you develop command-line and server apps.
- Handy for both beginners and experts, DartPad lets you try out language features and dart:* APIs.
Server-side frameworks written in Dart include:
- A scalable app server that supports code generation, authentication, real-time communication, databases, and caching.
- Dart Frog
- A fast, minimalistic backend framework for Dart.
- More tools
- The Tools page links to generally useful tools, such as Dart plugins for your favorite IDE or editor.
For additional options, see #server packages on pub.dev.
You might find the following tutorials helpful.
- Get started
- Learn how to use the Dart SDK to develop command-line and server apps.
- gRPC Quickstart
- Walks you through running and modifying a client-server example that uses the gRPC framework.
- Write command-line apps
- Introduces dart:io and the args package.
- Write HTTP servers
- Features the shelf package.