This page points to tools and documentation that can help you develop command-line and server apps.
- Handy for both beginners and experts, DartPad lets you try out language features and dart:* APIs.
- Dart SDK
- Install the Dart SDK to get the core Dart libraries and tools.
Server-side frameworks written in Dart:
- A scalable app server that supports code generation, authentication, real-time communication, databases, and caching.
- Dart Frog
- A fast, minimalistic backend framework for Dart.
- More tools
- The Tools page links to generally useful tools, such as Dart plugins for your favorite IDE or editor.
You might find the following tutorials helpful.
- Get started
- Learn how to use the Dart SDK to develop command-line and server apps.
- gRPC Quickstart
- Walks you through running and modifying a client-server example that uses the gRPC framework.
- Write command-line apps
- Introduces dart:io and the args package.
- Write HTTP servers
- Features the shelf package.
- Dart API
- API reference for dart:* libraries.
- dart:io section of the library tour
- Shows how to use the major features of the dart:io library. You can use the dart:io library in command-line scripts, servers, and non-web Flutter apps.